FAQ - Our Application

1. What does the enrollment process look like?

Our application process is quick and easy - and online for your convenience! To get started, fill out the form on the Apply tab. If you meet the requirements for enrollment, you will be directed to the next step! If not, don’t worry - our Admissions team will reach out to you to assist.

Your invoice will be generated upon application submission (and also emailed to you), and you will need to make a deposit payment to reserve your seat in class. Next, we will send your Enrollment Agreement to your email address for you to sign electronically. Once submitted, your enrollment process is complete!

2. Do I need to be 18 years old to apply?

Mostly yes, but in some cases, you may enroll at the age of 17 with a parent or legal guardian’s signature on your Enrollment Agreement. Please contact an Admissions representative so we can ensure you are complying with state requirements for enrolling.

3. My degree is from another country. What can I do?

To fulfill your proof of education requirement, you may have the diploma evaluated to ensure that it is the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma. Here are some sites that can help with that:

To meet state requirements, we’ll need proof of high school completion - no need to evaluate a college transcript. Additionally, please make sure that the company you work with is generating an evaluation, not a translation. (An evaluation analyzes your course credits to determine if your degree is the equivalent of U.S. high school completion, whereas a translation only translates the content on your transcript.) Contact our Admissions team, and we will help guide you through this process.

4. Can I enroll if I don’t have a Social Security Number?

If you do not have a Social Security Number, you may submit your ITIN number AND a valid work permit. An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. We want to make sure you are set up for success and have the proper requirements to find a job in the field upon graduation, so both of these items are required prior to enrollment.

5. Will I have assistance with my externship?

Yes! While we encourage our students to search for their own preferred externship office (sometimes they can lead to a job offer afterward!) we’re also here to help. If you already have an office in mind, it will need to be approved by your Campus Manager. However, if you are having trouble finding an office at which to complete your externship, your Campus Manager can provide you with nearby offices in need of externs.

6. What if I need to change my start date/ payment plan?

Not a problem! You do not need to fill out another application. Simply call our Admissions office, and a team member will adjust your start date for you, or send you a new invoice with your updated payment plan.

7. Why do I need to disclose if I am pregnant?

Our program includes a required radiology component to prepare you to take x-rays at your first dental assisting job. If you are pregnant, please be aware of the risks of radiation in this process and discuss with your OBGYN. An Admissions representative will send you a pregnancy disclosure form that needs to be signed by your doctor stating that you can meet these requirements, and be in the room while x-rays are being taken.

Picture of Author: Lisa Leslie

Lisa Leslie

Lead Copywriter
| Click to open Lisa Leslie's LinkedIn Profile
Lead Copywriter
| Click to open Lisa Leslie's LinkedIn Profile

Lisa Leslie, a professional copywriter based in New Hampshire, is the Content Manager and Lead Copywriter at Zollege, the parent company of a network of over 120 medical assistant and dental assistant schools ...

Read more >